Thank you in advance for your donation. A donation of any size greatly helps us continue to provide for our community.
All donations are submitted via PayPal!!
Donations to Threads, Hope & Love are used for the following: Building and property expenses such as; property insurance, utilities, general maintenance and repairs, parking lot repairs, yard and property care, simple gardening needs, and security lighting. Other expenses include all office supplies, including 2 laser printers and upkeep, paper, product repair parts (such as batteries, hardware, etc), laminating material, all of our production of promotional merchandise and all general supplies. Other needs are kitchen supplies with coffee/tea, basic needed items for staff and repairs if needed. The sorting room, giveaway room and storage areas needs include marking, banding, hanging, displaying, bins, racks, shelving, laundry supplies for frequent laundering, and upkeep on equipment.
Our focus is always to give our growing number of clients our respect and good quality merchandise to make their lives a bit easier in times of financial stresses. We accept donations of clothing 2 days per week (Tuesdays and Wednesdays 11 til 6) and ask that we are only given merchandise in great condition; clothing, shoes, linens, toys, house wares, books, and other things. People should never be expected to wear clothing that is torn, stained or damaged. We especially care for children and bullying can happen when a child looks ‘different’ because the clothing is poor quality and worn-out. There is enough stress in this world without causing more. If we are dressed nice, we feel better about ourselves. And it gives parents one less thing to worry about.
As we go into 2016, the news of more lay-offs, companies shutting down and prices continue to go up as the incomes go down, we are there. We understand.
If you are truly in need of help, come to us and we will help you get what you need to clothe your family. Please don’t come in just because you are able to get something free. The need is very high and we want to have enough for all that need help.
Donations may also be made in person at 121 Zinser Pl. Washington, Illinois, on donation or giveaway days
Or mailed to:
Threads, Hope & Love P.O. Box 52, Washington, Illinois 61571-0052
We are a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization under the regulations of the Internal Revenue Service.
All contributions to this organization are tax-deductible to the extent provided by law.
How does AmazonSmile work?
When first visiting AmazonSmile, customers are prompted to select a charitable organization from almost one million eligible organizations. In order to browse or shop at AmazonSmile, customers must first select a charitable organization. For eligible purchases at AmazonSmile, the AmazonSmile Foundation will donate 0.5% of the purchase price to the customer’s selected charitable organization.
As of today, all of our faithful Kroger shoppers can add Threads,
Hope & Love NFP to their Kroger Plus card and a portion of what you spend,
goes to Threads to help us with our monthly expenses and building
maintenance. It's very simple and you must do it online.
(If you are one of the Crossroads Outreach supporters on your Kroger Plus, that does NOT include Threads. It is mission trips only.) I don’t want anyone to think we are getting funds from 2 separate programs through Kroger.
If you don't have a Kroger Plus, you can do that online too.
We truly appreciate your support to keep this mission moving smoothly. Our mortgage is paid but we feel that there will be a new calling to add to our current services soon. Thank you so much!!!! Without your help, we can't help those in need.
Here's the instructions:
Threads, Hope & Love, NFP has been assigned a new NPO number 10519.
Please refer to this number in all future correspondence.
TO USE THE KROGER COMMUNITY REWARDS PROGRAM:
• Simply encourage your members to register online at
• Be sure to have your Kroger Plus card handy and register your card with your organization after you sign up.
• If a member does not yet have a Kroger Plus card, please let them know that they are available at the customer service desk at any Kroger.
• Click on Sign In/Register
• Most participants are new online customers, so they must click on SIGN UP TODAY in the ‘New Customer?
• and creating a password, agreeing to the terms and conditions
• You will then get’ box.
• Sign up for a Kroger Rewards Account by entering zip code, clicking on favorite store, entering your email address a message to check your email inbox and click on the link within the body of the email.
• Click on My Account and use your email address and password to proceed to the next step.
• Click on Edit Kroger Community Rewards information and input your Kroger Plus card number.
• Update or confirm your information.
• Enter NPO number or name of organization, select organization from list and click on confirm.
• To verify you are enrolled correctly, you will see your organization’s name on the right side of your information page.
• REMEMBER, purchases will not count for your group until after your member(s) register their card(s).
• Do you use your phone number at the register? Call 800-576-4377, select option 4 to get your Kroger Plus card number.
• Members must swipe their registered Kroger Plus card or use the phone number that is related to their registered Kroger Plus card when shopping for each purchase to count.
The Community Programs Staff
Life begins at the end of your comfort zone.
View My Stats
Our Mission: Opening our hearts and hands to clothe those in need and help those in crisis.